Easy actions against genocide
- Join the latest action sponsored by Act for Sudan, here.
- Call the State Department, leave a message for Secretary Kerry and the Special Envoy for Sudan on the Department of State comment line. Dial 202-647-6575 and press 8 to record your comment, any time. Suggested message:
This is [your name] calling from [city, state] with a message for Secretary Kerry and Special Envoy Donald Booth on Sudan: It’s time for the US to implement a comprehensive approach that focuses on civilian protection, access to humanitarian aid and democratic transformation in Sudan. Please do not relax sanctions on Sudan.
- Call the White House comment line at 202-456-1111, Monday – Friday, 9-5 EST, with this suggested message:
This is [your name] calling from [city, state] with a message on Sudan. I’m calling to tell President Obama that it’s time for the US to implement a comprehensive approach that focuses on civilian protection, access to humanitarian aid and democratic transformation in Sudan. Please do not relax sanctions on Sudan.
- Sign this petition that asks your representative in the House of Representatives to do what he/she can to support genocide-free investing. Read more about the hearing on “Investments Tied to Genocide” and the details of the legislative recommendations from Investors Against Genocide here.
- 2014-08-21: Lessons and challenges from ongoing genocide in Sudan, 7:30pm, Temple B’nai Brith, 201 Central St., Somerville, featuring Eric Cohen. Flyer here.
- 2014-08-19: Human Rights Defenders in Sudan, 7pm, NonProfit Center, 89 South St., Boston. Amnesty International Group 151, Boston will have a special guest for their August meeting. Dr. Mohammed Ahmed Abdullah will be the guest speaker for a discussion about human rights and human rights defenders in Sudan. Dr. Mohammed is a highly respected professor of medicine, physician, community leader and human rights advocate. In 2007 he was the recipient of the Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights Award, presented annually to individuals who risk their lives for human rights.
If you know of local Sudan-related events, let us know so we can help publicize them. Send email to SaveDarfurMA@gmail.com.
Activism and the news
- See the Press page at ActForSudan.org.