Please consider contributing directly to humanitarian relief organizations supporting Darfur or to the work of the Massachusetts Coalition to Save Darfur. See details below.
The Massachusetts Coalition to Save Darfur is a collaboration of faith-based and secular organizations and concerned individuals working together to raise awareness and help address the problems in Darfur, Sudan. Donations to the Massachusetts Coalition to Save Darfur help to cover the cost of programs and advocacy work. We appreciate your support.
The Massachusetts Coalition to Save Darfur is a non-profit corporation, established in the state of Massachusetts. It is recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. Contributions made to the Massachusetts Coalition to Save Darfur may be deducted to the full extent allowed by law.
- Donate online using PayPal’s secure online donation service:
When donating via PayPal, there is a screen for reviewing the donation. On that screen, click on “Optional Comments” to reveal a box for entering text. Please use the comment box if your donation is in someone’s honor or if you want your donation to be allocated to a particular project of the organization such as Investors Against Genocide.Or, you could use the comment box to designate your donation to go to the Massachusetts Coalition’s Sudanese Support Fund. Donations made to this fund will be used to help address specifically identified needs for Darfuris or other Sudanese in the US or other countries, including Sudan and South Sudan, that have arisen because of human rights abuses. Uses may include but are not limited to helping with legal, travel, humanitarian aid, education, reconstruction, and communications expenses.
- Donations can also be made via check made out to “Massachusetts Coalition to Save Darfur” and sent to Eric Cohen, Chair, Massachusetts Coalition to Save Darfur, 22 Spring Street, Lexington, MA 02421. You can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 617-837-0138.
Support humanitarian organizations
The Massachusetts Coalition to Save Darfur is committed to helping the people of Darfur in a multitude of ways. Humanitarian assistance is critically important. Your support is another way to make a difference in the lives of those displaced from their homes and villages; those wounded or ill; those weak from hunger.
Make a contribution to an organization that is providing humanitarian aid to the people of Darfur, such as:
- American Jewish World Service provides assistance and advocacy in its efforts to save the people of Darfur by sponsoring rallies, postcard campaigns and relief efforts in partnering with organizations in the region.
- CARE is represented by CARE International Switzerland to run Sudan programs mainly in South Darfur and South Kordofan. Its mission is to save lives by providing relief services to internally displaced people, assist conflict-affected populations to restore livelihoods, and promote peace and stability. Activities include water and sanitation, hygiene education, primary health care, nutrition and livelihoods support.
- Church World Service assists with water and sanitation; health and nutrition; and assistance in rebuilding agriculture while providing food supplies.
- Solar Cookers International provides solar cookers and cooking awareness to those in refugee camps, freeing women and children from the dangers of gathering wood outside the camps
Learn more in detail about these organizations by going to their respective websites. If you require further assistance, or would like to do a fundraiser to benefit any of these organizations, contact us.