The Massachusetts Coalition to Save Darfur is an alliance of organizations from across Massachusetts working to stop genocide and mass atrocities in Sudan.
The mission of the Massachusetts Coalition to Save Darfur is to stimulate, support and facilitate the efforts of faith-based and secular organizations and individuals to educate, focus attention and inspire action to help the people of Darfur.
The Massachusetts Coalition to Save Darfur accepts donations to support its operations and to its Sudanese Support Fund. Donations made to this fund will be used to help address specifically identified needs for Darfuris or other Sudanese in the US or other countries, including Sudan and South Sudan, that have arisen because of human rights abuses. Uses may include but are not limited to helping with legal, travel, humanitarian aid, education, reconstruction, and communications expenses.
The Massachusetts Coalition to Save Darfur is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation, established in the state of Massachusetts. Click here to make a donation.
The chair of the Massachusetts Coalition to Save Darfur is Eric Cohen. Contact us via email at email@example.com.
The founders and original co-chairs of the Massachusetts Coalition to Save Darfur were Kenneth A. Sweder and Reverend Doctor Gloria White-Hammond. Subsequently, the Coalition was co-chaired by Sifa Nsengimana and Eric Cohen. Sifa has since relocated with her family to South Africa.
We are an independent organization. We are separate from the national Save Darfur Coalition and its successor, United to End Genocide, based in Washington D.C.
Your personal engagement, activity, and support are critical to progress.
- If you or your organization is interested in becoming part of the Massachusetts Coalition to Save Darfur contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at 617-837-0138.
- Sign up for our email list
- Click here to download a two page flyer about the Mass. Coalition (in PDF format).
We are a non-partisan coalition consisting of a broad range of organizations and individuals committed to taking concrete action to advocate for the victims in Darfur.
- Armenian Assembly of America
- American Jewish Committee, Greater Boston Chapter
- American Anti-Slavery Group
- Northeast Regional Office of Amnesty International
- Andover-Newton Theological School
- Anti-Defamation League – New England Region
- Armenian National Committee of America – Eastern Region
- Bethel A.M.E. Church
- Black Ministerial Alliance
- BOLD Teens of Dorchester
- The Bureau of Jewish Education of Greater Boston
- Church World Service
- Congregation B’nai Shalom – Westborough
- Congregation Kehillath Israel
- The Religious School of Congregation Mishkan Tefila
- Cooperative Metropolitan Ministries
- Facing History and Ourselves
- The Friends of the New England Holocaust Memorial
- Genocide Aware
- Greater Love Tabernacle
- Boston Chapter of Hadassah
- Hebrew College
- Hillel Council of New England
- The Interreligious Center on Public Life
- Jewish Alliance for Law and Social Action
- Jewish Community Relations Council of Greater Boston
- Jewish Labor Committee
- Jewish Vocational Service
- KNOW Genocide Coalition
- Martha’s Vineyard Hebrew Center
- Merrimack Valley Community for Darfur
- Minuteman Coalition to Save Darfur
- Mir Pace International
- My Sister’s Keeper
- Newton Centre Minyan
- The Paraclete Center
- Roxbury Presbyterian Church USA
- Save Darfur North Shore
- Teens for Tzedek
- Temple Ahavat Achim
- Temple Beth Elohim
- Temple Israel Boston
- Temple Shalom of Newton
- Temple Shir Tikva of Wayland
- Temple Sinai of Sharon
- Therapists for Human Rights and Social Justice
- Unitarian Universalist Service Committee
- Vision New England
- Wellesley Coalition to Save Darfur
- Workmen’s Circle-Boston Chapter
- Young Israel of Brookline