Easy actions against genocide
- Join the latest action sponsored by Act for Sudan, here.
- Call the State Department, leave a message for the Secretary of State on the Department of State comment line. Dial 202-647-6575 and press 8 to record your comment, any time. Suggested message:
This is [your name] calling from [city, state] with a message for the Secretary on Sudan: The atrocities in Sudan have not ended and neither should sanctions. Please reinstate strong sanctions on Sudan and implement a comprehensive U.S. policy that focuses on civilian protection, access to humanitarian aid and democratic transformation in Sudan.
- Contact the White House online with this suggested message:
President Trump, the atrocities in Sudan have not ended and neither should sanctions. Please reinstate strong sanctions on Sudan and implement a comprehensive U.S. policy that focuses on civilian protection, access to humanitarian aid and democratic transformation in Sudan.
- 2018-06-10: Yom HaShoah Commemoration, “Rededication to Resiliency,” 10:30am, Faneuil Hall, Boston. Sponsored by the Jewish Community Relations Council of Greater Boston and its partners. The commemoration will feature Rabbi Alan Turetz of Temple Emeth in Chestnut Hill, as well as a rededication of the Memorial in a symbolic gesture of our resilience and perseverance. RSVP requested.
- 2018-04-23: Murder by Government, the Need for Genocide Education, 2-4pm, Viking Hall Room 123, Salem State University Center for Holocaust and Genocide Education, featuring Paul Rabchenuk. Flyer here.
- 2018-04-22: 5th Annual Walk Against Genocide, 1:30-3pm, starting at the New England Holocaust Memorial, opposite 41 Union St, Boston, MA 02108, and proceeding to Armenian Heritage Park, with speakers at both sites. The program will feature survivors and descendants speaking on the genocide and mass killing experiences of Arawak native Americans, Armenians, Ukrainians (Holodomor), the Holocaust, Cambodians, Rwandan Tutsis, Bosnians, Sudanese and Kurds. If you are on facebook, add yourself as an attendee and invite Boston-area friends to join us. Flyer here.
- 2018-04-20: State House Commemoration of the Armenian Genocide, 10:30 AM – noon, House of Representatives Chamber at the Massachusetts State House, Boston. Reception to follow in the Hall of Flags.
Activism and the news
- See the Press page at ActForSudan.org.