- 2019-05-05: Yom HaShoah Commemoration, “Who Will Tell Our Story?” 2pm, Faneuil Hall, Boston. Sponsored by the Jewish Community Relations Council of Greater Boston and its partners. The commemoration will feature testimony from Holocaust survivor Janet Applefield and perspective from Deb Milley, Janet’s daughter, on what it means to be a critical link to the next generation of descendants. RSVP requested.
- 2019-04-28: Sixth Annual Walk Against Genocide, 1:30-3pm. Please join us for this short but powerful program, coordinated by the Massachusetts Coalition to Save Darfur. We’ll start with a gathering and program at the New England Holocaust Memorial, opposite 41 Union St, Boston, followed by a walk to the Armenian Heritage Park on the Rose Kennedy Greenway for a closing program. The program will feature survivors and descendants speaking on the genocide and mass killing experiences of Arawak native Americans, Armenians, Bosnians, Cambodians, the Holocaust, Kurds, Rwandan Tutsis, Sudanese and Ukrainians (Holodomor). If you are on facebook, add yourself as an attendee and invite Boston-area friends to join us. Flyer here.
- 2019-04-13: Kwibuka25, Remember-Unite-Renew, 25th Anniversary Commemoration of the Rwandan Genocide Against the Tutsi, 2-6pm, Boston College High School, 150 William T. Morrissey Blvd., Dorchester. Sponsored by Friends of Rwandan Genocide Survivors (FORGES) and the Rwandan Diaspora New England.Boston College High School. Please join us as we remember the victims, celebrate the resilience of survivors, and raise our voices to stand against genocides.
- 2019-04-12: State House Commemoration of the Armenian Genocide, 10:30 AM – noon, House of Representatives Chamber at the Massachusetts State House, Boston. Reception to follow in the Hall of Flags.
- Sudan and prospects of seeing light at the end of the tunnel – Sudan Tribune August 7, 2022
- U.S. top diplomat for Africa presses Sudanese military to restore civilian government – Sudan Tribune June 13, 2022
- Joint Security Keeping Forces in Darfur receive training on Human Rights, Protection of Civilians and Humanitarian Principles – Sudan | ReliefWeb June 5, 2022
- Troika and EU Statement on the Resignation of Sudanese Prime Minister Hamdok – United States Department of State January 4, 2022
- Baker signs genocide education bill | WBUR News December 2, 2021
- Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker signs genocide education bill into law, as Hanukkah puts the spotlight on rising anti-Semitism – masslive.com December 2, 2021
- Crash kills California couple who helped Darfur refugees gain independence through soccer | Stars and Stripes November 28, 2021
- Joint force launched for security in Darfur | Radio Dabanga September 15, 2021
- Sudan Calls on Interpol to Arrest Fugitives in Egypt, Turkey, UAE | Asharq AL-awsat September 1, 2021
- $5.5 million USAID grant to boost development, democratic transition in Sudan | Radio Dabanga August 29, 2021