- 2019-05-05: Yom HaShoah Commemoration, “Who Will Tell Our Story?” 2pm, Faneuil Hall, Boston. Sponsored by the Jewish Community Relations Council of Greater Boston and its partners. The commemoration will feature testimony from Holocaust survivor Janet Applefield and perspective from Deb Milley, Janet’s daughter, on what it means to be a critical link to the next generation of descendants. RSVP requested.
- 2019-04-28: Sixth Annual Walk Against Genocide, 1:30-3pm. Please join us for this short but powerful program, coordinated by the Massachusetts Coalition to Save Darfur. We’ll start with a gathering and program at the New England Holocaust Memorial, opposite 41 Union St, Boston, followed by a walk to the Armenian Heritage Park on the Rose Kennedy Greenway for a closing program. The program will feature survivors and descendants speaking on the genocide and mass killing experiences of Arawak native Americans, Armenians, Bosnians, Cambodians, the Holocaust, Kurds, Rwandan Tutsis, Sudanese and Ukrainians (Holodomor). If you are on facebook, add yourself as an attendee and invite Boston-area friends to join us. Flyer here.
- 2019-04-13: Kwibuka25, Remember-Unite-Renew, 25th Anniversary Commemoration of the Rwandan Genocide Against the Tutsi, 2-6pm, Boston College High School, 150 William T. Morrissey Blvd., Dorchester. Sponsored by Friends of Rwandan Genocide Survivors (FORGES) and the Rwandan Diaspora New England.Boston College High School. Please join us as we remember the victims, celebrate the resilience of survivors, and raise our voices to stand against genocides.
- 2019-04-12: State House Commemoration of the Armenian Genocide, 10:30 AM – noon, House of Representatives Chamber at the Massachusetts State House, Boston. Reception to follow in the Hall of Flags.
- Sudan orders arrest of former foreign minister over 1989 coup – Middle East Monitor March 17, 2020
- Sudan PM Abdalla Hamdok survives assassination attempt – BBC News March 9, 2020
- Foreign Affairs Committee Leaders Introduce Legislation to Support Sudan’s Democratic Transition – US House March 6, 2020
- Sudan Lifts Restrictions on Aid Agencies — VoA March 3, 2020
- The Georgetown Student Who Became Justice Minister of Sudan — Washington Post February 5, 2020
- Radio Dabanga delegation ends first official visit to Khartoum after 11 years in exile | Radio Dabanga February 5, 2020
- Sudan govt. rebels sign framework agreement in Juba | Radio Dabanga January 26, 2020
- Sudan removes all restrictions on aid organisations — Radio Dabanga January 26, 2020
- Sudan Sovereign Council Appoints 3 Ministers in Transitional Government | Asharq AL-awsat January 22, 2020
- Breakthrough on Darfur in Sudan peace negotiations | Radio Dabanga January 21, 2020