- 2019-05-05: Yom HaShoah Commemoration, “Who Will Tell Our Story?” 2pm, Faneuil Hall, Boston. Sponsored by the Jewish Community Relations Council of Greater Boston and its partners. The commemoration will feature testimony from Holocaust survivor Janet Applefield and perspective from Deb Milley, Janet’s daughter, on what it means to be a critical link to the next generation of descendants. RSVP requested.
- 2019-04-28: Sixth Annual Walk Against Genocide, 1:30-3pm. Please join us for this short but powerful program, coordinated by the Massachusetts Coalition to Save Darfur. We’ll start with a gathering and program at the New England Holocaust Memorial, opposite 41 Union St, Boston, followed by a walk to the Armenian Heritage Park on the Rose Kennedy Greenway for a closing program. The program will feature survivors and descendants speaking on the genocide and mass killing experiences of Arawak native Americans, Armenians, Bosnians, Cambodians, the Holocaust, Kurds, Rwandan Tutsis, Sudanese and Ukrainians (Holodomor). If you are on facebook, add yourself as an attendee and invite Boston-area friends to join us. Flyer here.
- 2019-04-13: Kwibuka25, Remember-Unite-Renew, 25th Anniversary Commemoration of the Rwandan Genocide Against the Tutsi, 2-6pm, Boston College High School, 150 William T. Morrissey Blvd., Dorchester. Sponsored by Friends of Rwandan Genocide Survivors (FORGES) and the Rwandan Diaspora New England.Boston College High School. Please join us as we remember the victims, celebrate the resilience of survivors, and raise our voices to stand against genocides.
- 2019-04-12: State House Commemoration of the Armenian Genocide, 10:30 AM – noon, House of Representatives Chamber at the Massachusetts State House, Boston. Reception to follow in the Hall of Flags.
- Public Designation of Sudan’s Salah Gosh under Section 7031(c) – United States Department of State August 14, 2019
- Can Sudan Achieve Peace and Democratic Transition? | Chatham House August 9, 2019
- Op-ed: The Constitutional Charter and the future of Sudan | Radio Dabanga August 7, 2019
- Sudan: Signing of Constitutional Declaration heralds start of comprehensive peace process | Radio Dabanga August 5, 2019
- Military and Civilian Leaders in Sudan Inch Forward With Political Deal – The New York Times July 17, 2019
- Sudan: Hidden Economic Stakes in Ongoing Power Struggle July 16, 2019
- In Sudan, a Power-Sharing Deal Propelled by a Secret Meeting and Public Rage – The New York Times July 5, 2019
- Sudan Power-Sharing Deal Reached by Military and Civilian Leaders – The New York Times July 4, 2019
- Abandoned by the UAE, Sudan’s Bashir was destined to fall – Middle East Monitor July 3, 2019
- Sudan opposition suspends negotiations after Khartoum massacre | Radio Dabanga June 4, 2019