- 2019-05-05: Yom HaShoah Commemoration, “Who Will Tell Our Story?” 2pm, Faneuil Hall, Boston. Sponsored by the Jewish Community Relations Council of Greater Boston and its partners. The commemoration will feature testimony from Holocaust survivor Janet Applefield and perspective from Deb Milley, Janet’s daughter, on what it means to be a critical link to the next generation of descendants. RSVP requested.
- 2019-04-28: Sixth Annual Walk Against Genocide, 1:30-3pm. Please join us for this short but powerful program, coordinated by the Massachusetts Coalition to Save Darfur. We’ll start with a gathering and program at the New England Holocaust Memorial, opposite 41 Union St, Boston, followed by a walk to the Armenian Heritage Park on the Rose Kennedy Greenway for a closing program. The program will feature survivors and descendants speaking on the genocide and mass killing experiences of Arawak native Americans, Armenians, Bosnians, Cambodians, the Holocaust, Kurds, Rwandan Tutsis, Sudanese and Ukrainians (Holodomor). If you are on facebook, add yourself as an attendee and invite Boston-area friends to join us. Flyer here.
- 2019-04-13: Kwibuka25, Remember-Unite-Renew, 25th Anniversary Commemoration of the Rwandan Genocide Against the Tutsi, 2-6pm, Boston College High School, 150 William T. Morrissey Blvd., Dorchester. Sponsored by Friends of Rwandan Genocide Survivors (FORGES) and the Rwandan Diaspora New England.Boston College High School. Please join us as we remember the victims, celebrate the resilience of survivors, and raise our voices to stand against genocides.
- 2019-04-12: State House Commemoration of the Armenian Genocide, 10:30 AM – noon, House of Representatives Chamber at the Massachusetts State House, Boston. Reception to follow in the Hall of Flags.
- The Dictator Who Waged War on Darfur Is Gone, but the Killing Goes On – NY Times July 30, 2020
- Civilian governors appointed for Sudan’s 18 states | Radio Dabanga July 23, 2020
- Sudan’s Prime Minister chooses 13 of 18 civilian governors: spokesman – Sudan Tribune July 12, 2020
- Armed groups endorse Khartoum deal, request more talks on Darfur peace financing – Sudan Tribune July 9, 2020
- Sudan sacks local officials in Nertiti in response to protesters’ demand – Sudan Tribune July 6, 2020
- Talks between Sudan’ peace parties achieve progress in Khartoum – Sudan Tribune June 29, 2020
- Sudan Says It Will Rein in State Firms, Including Those Owned by Security – The New York Times June 28, 2020
- US to lift Sudan sanctions after gov’t election: Source June 21, 2020
- Sudan’s anti-corruption committee seizes funds | Radio Dabanga June 10, 2020
- Darfur militia leader in ICC custody after arrest in Central Africa – Reuters June 9, 2020