- 2019-05-05: Yom HaShoah Commemoration, “Who Will Tell Our Story?” 2pm, Faneuil Hall, Boston. Sponsored by the Jewish Community Relations Council of Greater Boston and its partners. The commemoration will feature testimony from Holocaust survivor Janet Applefield and perspective from Deb Milley, Janet’s daughter, on what it means to be a critical link to the next generation of descendants. RSVP requested.
- 2019-04-28: Sixth Annual Walk Against Genocide, 1:30-3pm. Please join us for this short but powerful program, coordinated by the Massachusetts Coalition to Save Darfur. We’ll start with a gathering and program at the New England Holocaust Memorial, opposite 41 Union St, Boston, followed by a walk to the Armenian Heritage Park on the Rose Kennedy Greenway for a closing program. The program will feature survivors and descendants speaking on the genocide and mass killing experiences of Arawak native Americans, Armenians, Bosnians, Cambodians, the Holocaust, Kurds, Rwandan Tutsis, Sudanese and Ukrainians (Holodomor). If you are on facebook, add yourself as an attendee and invite Boston-area friends to join us. Flyer here.
- 2019-04-13: Kwibuka25, Remember-Unite-Renew, 25th Anniversary Commemoration of the Rwandan Genocide Against the Tutsi, 2-6pm, Boston College High School, 150 William T. Morrissey Blvd., Dorchester. Sponsored by Friends of Rwandan Genocide Survivors (FORGES) and the Rwandan Diaspora New England.Boston College High School. Please join us as we remember the victims, celebrate the resilience of survivors, and raise our voices to stand against genocides.
- 2019-04-12: State House Commemoration of the Armenian Genocide, 10:30 AM – noon, House of Representatives Chamber at the Massachusetts State House, Boston. Reception to follow in the Hall of Flags.
- Sudan’s Bashir transferred to maximum-security prison – CNN April 17, 2019
- Enough Project and Don Cheadle Issue Warning About Sudan’s Coup – The Enough Project April 11, 2019
- Sudan: With al-Bashir Ouster, End Authoritarianism | Human Rights Watch April 11, 2019
- Sudan protests: Omar al-Bashir exploited ethnic division for decades. Now Sudan is united against him. – The Washington Post January 20, 2019
- Act for Sudan: US policy on Sudan must pivot to advance freedom, justice, and democracy | Radio Dabanga January 17, 2019
- Opinion | Marching Toward a Massacre – The New York Times January 16, 2019
- “The Heart of Nuba” — CNNi Coverage – YouTube March 28, 2018
- Bipartisan Group of 57 Lawmakers Call on Trump to Hold Sudan Accountable for Corruption, Human Rights Abuses | U.S. House of Representatives March 28, 2018
- Don’t Remove Sudan From the Terrorism List | World Report | US News February 23, 2018
- Analysts: Don’t ‘Gut’ Darfur Peacekeeping Mission With Funding Cuts April 13, 2017