- 2019-05-05: Yom HaShoah Commemoration, “Who Will Tell Our Story?” 2pm, Faneuil Hall, Boston. Sponsored by the Jewish Community Relations Council of Greater Boston and its partners. The commemoration will feature testimony from Holocaust survivor Janet Applefield and perspective from Deb Milley, Janet’s daughter, on what it means to be a critical link to the next generation of descendants. RSVP requested.
- 2019-04-28: Sixth Annual Walk Against Genocide, 1:30-3pm. Please join us for this short but powerful program, coordinated by the Massachusetts Coalition to Save Darfur. We’ll start with a gathering and program at the New England Holocaust Memorial, opposite 41 Union St, Boston, followed by a walk to the Armenian Heritage Park on the Rose Kennedy Greenway for a closing program. The program will feature survivors and descendants speaking on the genocide and mass killing experiences of Arawak native Americans, Armenians, Bosnians, Cambodians, the Holocaust, Kurds, Rwandan Tutsis, Sudanese and Ukrainians (Holodomor). If you are on facebook, add yourself as an attendee and invite Boston-area friends to join us. Flyer here.
- 2019-04-13: Kwibuka25, Remember-Unite-Renew, 25th Anniversary Commemoration of the Rwandan Genocide Against the Tutsi, 2-6pm, Boston College High School, 150 William T. Morrissey Blvd., Dorchester. Sponsored by Friends of Rwandan Genocide Survivors (FORGES) and the Rwandan Diaspora New England.Boston College High School. Please join us as we remember the victims, celebrate the resilience of survivors, and raise our voices to stand against genocides.
- 2019-04-12: State House Commemoration of the Armenian Genocide, 10:30 AM – noon, House of Representatives Chamber at the Massachusetts State House, Boston. Reception to follow in the Hall of Flags.
- Sudan’s Bashir, Aides to Face Charges for ‘Plotting’ 1989 Coup | Asharq Al-Awsat November 13, 2019
- North Darfur governor order to facilitate humanitarian access – Sudan Tribune: Plural news and views on Sudan November 12, 2019
- Massachusetts Lawmakers Considering Genocide Education Mandate October 9, 2019
- Exclusive Sudan PM interview with Radio Dabanga: Meeting with SPLM-AW leader ‘top achievement of Paris visit’ | Radio Dabanga October 1, 2019
- Sudan Rebels to Send Delegation to Khartoum After Successful Cairo Talks – Radio Dabanga September 26, 2019
- Expelled aid groups can return to Sudan: official – Sudan Tribune: Plural news and views on Sudan September 14, 2019
- Sudan’s ruling council, rebel leaders agree on peace talks roadmap – Reuters September 11, 2019
- Sudan’s prime minister to join peace talks in Juba with rebels – Reuters September 10, 2019
- Sudan peace talks open in Juba | Radio Tamazuj September 9, 2019
- SPLM North U-turn on negotiations with Sudan govt | Radio Dabanga September 7, 2019